Tuesday, January 18, 2011

snow fun

Last week our area got hit hard by a big snowstorm. Pretty much everything closed down and we all hung out at home watching the snow fall down around us. It was my first teacher snow day followed by a 2 hour delay the next day. It started at night and we were shocked at how much we had gotten when we woke up. I think it took a good 2 hours just to shovel the bottom of our driveway. Ava loved playing in the snow and didn't want to go back in. She even helped us shovel with her little shovel. Cole wanted to be outside but then didn't want to be on the ground---thankfully it was nap time for him :)


and it just kept getting worse




Ava was on shoveling duty and took her job very seriously---in between 10 minute breaks every 3 minutes :)



This weekend we all headed out to play in the snow---Cole was not a fan.

not a happy camper

so they played on the swings instead




sledding


Today they predicted "a few inches followed by some rain". No big deal---except it was a huge deal. Steven headed out to work and called 1/2 hour later that his car had died. I headed out to get him since he was only 10 minutes away. Ten minutes away took well over an hour going 5 mph on the highway. The roads were absolutely awful. My wipers were icing and my car was sliding since nothing was plowed and there was too much traffic to do anything. I don't think I've ever been super scared to drive in the snow but today I was. I finally got to hubby & we waited for a tow truck. Work called and told me they were closing so to stay home and Steven's work opened late and closed early so he stayed home too. The drive home was horrible---the highway was beyond bad and incredibly scary. We were SO thankful to get home safely. Needless to say we're all done with winter :)


0 comments:

giggles, grins & good times!