So 2011 has been crazy already but things are {knock on wood} definitely looking up! Steven has been incredibly busy at work and they just had a bunch of layoffs. Thankfully he still has his job and they are moving to an office closer to home. We're excited to be able to see Steven before 7 pm now! :) {update since it clearly takes me 7 days to write one post---hubby was home BEFORE 6 pm! We actually had a family dinner :) }
I ended up having to have an ultrasound and a CT scan on my kidneys because of some pain I had been having for a while. To say the last few days were nerve wracking would be an understatement. I just got the call today that everything is fine! I have something called a Medullary Sponge Kidney which I was born with. Despite it's odd name it's nothing serious and just means I'm more likely to have kidney infections and kidney stones. My doctor had a kidney doctor and urologist both look at my scans and everything is fine---my kidney is functioning fine and I just have to have ultrasounds done just to check on it. I can't even tell you how relieved I am with this news! It is a little bizarre to be diagnosed with a birth defect at almost 28 though.
We're also in full planning mode for a certain someone who is just a few days away from the big ONE! I had planned so much out and just ran out of time with the holidays. So the weekend was spent getting everything ready for the big day. I still can't believe he's going to be one!
So with all that out of the way NOW we can look forward to 2011! I never wrote down our resolutions but I figured I probably should so I can look back and see how we did.
- continue cleaning up, sweeping the floors and wiping down the sink every night and making the bed every morning---I love when the house is in order. We definitely slack at times but so far we've been doing pretty well about getting rid of junk when it comes in, finding a place for everything, making the bed and straightening up before going to bed etc
- redo the master bedroom---we keep putting it off and doing other rooms so I think it's time for our room to be redone!
- get healthy---cliche right? but I do need to lose weight so I've been making small changes and vowing to go to the gym at least 3 times a week to start. I love yoga and really want to do more of it
- have more "me" time---I usually get about 1/2 hour when I get home from work to veg and then it's on the floor playing with the kids, getting dinner, tubbies, coloring, building, errands etc done. I love every second of it and even though our kids are my life I definitely need that "me" time and vow to use my spa gift cards this year. I think hubby being home early will definitely help with that
- date night---we always say we need to have date night but somehow it gets pushed to the back. I'm aiming for at least one date a month.
- take some family vacations---we love all our fun day trips we did last year and can't wait to plan some family vacations
- have fun! continue having fun as a family. I love all the fun things we do as a family and definitely want to keep that a priority.
Happy 2011!




0 comments:
Post a Comment